- To promote Irish and non-Irish Taxi Drivers in Galway City.
- To reinforce community security via private taxi drivers operating with Local Taxis, e.g. if you are attacked and rang a Friend, their delay may prove crucial. Calling Local Taxis, however, will result in a swift and professional response.
- To encourage co-operation, and working as a team to achieve our goals.
- To offer excellent service whilst enabling our customers to save money.
- To create a helpful and caring community.
This organisation enthusiastically creates a welcoming atmosphere for the long term unemployed, encouraging them to re-enter the workforce as taxi drivers. We offer work placement to those with a P.S.V. licence, giving them valuable experience in the following areas:
- 1. Hazards and risks
- 2. Meter set-up
- 3. Radio systems
- 4. Printed receipt systems
- 5. G.P.S. systems
- 6. Passenger extra care
- 7. Map reading and orientation
- 8. Driving responsibility
- 9. Time management
- 10. Disability awareness
After the training those who wish to work with, or gain work experience through, Local Taxis are highly welcome to do so, even in a voluntary capacity.